The Boston Fire Department reports a two-alarm fire that displaced eight people on Mozart Street early this morning was due to "careless disposal of a cigarette."
Firefighters responded to 49 Mozart St. around 3:20 a.m. to find heavy flames already flickering from the rear porches of the triple decker.
The fire, which started on the third-floor porch, did an estimated $400,000 damage, according to the department. No residents were injured, but one firefighter suffered a hand burn.
In the Boston Store:
Packed with your favorite team's action shots, Turner Team Wall Calendars are designed for the die-...
$16.99 - Learn more / Buy
STURDY CARDBOARD BOX PACKING on all of our wall calendars. Beware of low priced calendar merchants...
Sox On Moose T-Shirt What is more awesome than a Moose wearing a pair of Red Socks? This t-shirt is...
$21.99 - Learn more / Buy