Water damage from sprinklers set off by stove fire displaces Mission Hill family

The Red Cross reports it arranged a hotel stay for a family at 675 Parker St. last night after burning food on their stove set off a sprinkler.

The Boston Fire Department reports the sprinkler worked as designed - it put out the fire, called in around 6:45 p.m. Aside from the stove, all the damage in the third-floor unit and the two units below it was caused by water from the sprinkler, the fire department says.

There were no injuries. In addition to finding a hotel room, the Red Cross provided two blankets, toiletries and two Mickey Mouse dolls for the family of four. The MSPCA took the family dog for the night. The occupants of the other two units were away on vacation, the Red Cross says.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

Free tagging: 

In the Boston Store:

1 inch in diameter Genuine Boston MBTA transit token cufflinks.Plated sterling silver setting
$37.24 - Learn more / Buy
With stunning photography of the city of Boston, the Boston Events Calendar highlights local sights...
$14.99 - Learn more / Buy
Celebrate your favorite place to live or visit with the My Place Jumbo Mug. This large 27-ounce...
$10.12 - Learn more / Buy

Location