Restaurant stove left on over night causes fire that displaces 24 in Chinatown

The Boston Fire Department reports a fire that started in a stove at the Ga Ga Seafood Restaurant, 25 Tyler St., went to two alarms after it was reported at 9:46 a.m.

The fire displaced 24 residents living in seven apartments above the restaurant and did an estimated $300,000 in damage - to the restaurant and six nearby businesses - the department says.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

Free tagging: 

In the Boston Store:

With stunning photography of the city of Boston, the Boston Events Calendar highlights local sights...
$14.99 - Learn more / Buy
Celebrate your favorite place to live or visit with the My Place Jumbo Mug. This large 27-ounce...
$10.12 - Learn more / Buy
On September 14, 1716, Boston Light became the first lighthouse established in Colonial America....
$24.54 - Learn more / Buy

Comments

Back Bay Fire too?

By on

There was also a fire near Back Bay Station Thursday evening, on Dartmouth Street. I saw three firetrucks and firemen using axes to get into the penthouse apartment. There was quite a crowd watching. No reporting though.

up
Voting is closed. 9

Location