Boy dies from carbon monoxide while trying to warm up from shoveling

The Boston Fire Department reports an 11-year-old boy suffered cardiac arrest this morning while he and his father sat in a running car with the exhaust covered by snow. He was pronounced dead at Boston Medical Center.

His father was also taken away in bad shape from in front of 3 Nazing St. around 11:40 a.m., the department says.

The father and son were shoveling walkway and around their SUV. Boy got cold. Car started and boy sat in car getting warm. The back of the SUV was completely encased in snow about 4 feet high. The car filled with carbon monoxide. The exhaust was completely covered in the large snow bank.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

    Free tagging: 

    In the Boston Store:

    RBONH12SETBBU NHL Team: Boston Bruins Features: -Ornaments.-Made of plastic.-Authentic NHL team...
    $16.99 - Learn more / Buy
    MBTA Bus wooden vehicle is ready to run on the city streets of Boston and beyond. This bus is...
    $13.50 - Learn more / Buy

    Show off your love for Beantown with this ornament full of iconic buildings
    Features multi-...

    $14.99 - Learn more / Buy

    Comments

    Location