Overheated fan sparks one-alarm fire in the South End

The Boston Fire Department reports an overly hot fan "came in contact with some combustibles" and started a fire around 7 a.m. that did an estimated $50,000 in damage to an apartment at 45 E. Newton St.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

Free tagging: 

    In the Boston Store:

    $16.99 - Learn more / Buy

    Show off your love for Beantown with this ornament full of iconic buildings
    Features multi-...

    $14.99 - Learn more / Buy
    A groundbreaking account of the cataclysmic hurricane of 1938 and its devastating impact on...
    $20.79 - Learn more / Buy

    Location