Ceiling-fan short circuit sparks Charlestown fire

Firefighters on scene in Charlestown

Firefighters on scene in Charlestown. Photo by BFD..

The Boston Fire Department reports the fire, at 83 Cambridge St. in Charlestown, did an estimated $150,000 in damage to the four-apartment building.

The fire, reported at 12:48 p.m., did not result in injuries, the department says.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

    Free tagging: 

      In the Boston Store:

      This beautiful inside-painted glass ornament continues an ancient artform prized by collectors. The...
      $24.95 - Learn more / Buy
      Justk Men's Slim Fit Graphic T shirts are a must-have, easy-to-wear addition to any man's closet....
      $16.95 - Learn more / Buy
      Sox On Moose T-Shirt What is more awesome than a Moose wearing a pair of Red Socks? This t-shirt is...
      $21.99 - Learn more / Buy

      Comments

      Anyone know how to prevent

      By on

      Anyone know how to prevent this sort of thing, besides hiring a competent licensed electrician in the first place?

      Is there such thing as a preventive electrical inspection?

      up
      Voting is closed. 19

      Location