Workers doing some sanding spark fire in Hyde Square building that houses Miami Restaurant

Sparks from a sander caused a fire that forced the evacuation of 381 Centre St., home of the Miami Restaurant, around 11 a.m., the Boston Fire Department reports.

The fire was called in by two off-duty firefighters who noticed smoke coming out of the building while driving by, a spokesman says.

When on-duty firefighters arrived, they found the workers trying to put out the fire themselves. Nobody was injured. In addition to the restaurant, the building has two floors of apartments.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

Free tagging: 

In the Boston Store:

This beautiful inside-painted glass ornament continues an ancient artform prized by collectors. The...
$24.95 - Learn more / Buy
Celebrate your favorite place to live or visit with the My Place Jumbo Mug. This large 27-ounce...
$10.12 - Learn more / Buy
1 inch in diameter Genuine Boston MBTA transit token cufflinks.Plated sterling silver setting
$37.24 - Learn more / Buy

Comments

Thank you off duty

By on

Thank you off duty firefighters! This could have been very bad.

up
Voting is closed. 19

Location