For most of us the snow is beautiful when it is coming down and a hassle for travel but for the elderly and people with disabilities it can leave them stranded in their homes with out access to needed medications, food, and services.
We can help! I invite you to join me in digging out our elderly and disabled neighbors by participating in a program called #SnowCrew run via NeighborsForNeighbors.org.
If you or someone you know need shoveling assistance help can be requested on the SnowCrew page,
Here is how to join SnowCrew
- Sign up to receive an email notification when a neighbor from Jamaica Plain or West Roxbury submit a shovel request.
- Download the SeeClickFix app (the engine that powers SnowCrew) to monitor requests on your mobile phone
- Follow @NeighborTweet and RT their #SnowCrew tweets
- Like and share NeighborsForNeighbors.org facebook posts about Shovel Requests
- Forward this email to your friends in Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville