Organizers are moving the Boston Pops concert and fireworks to tomorrow night due to Arthur. The real festivities will take the place of the practice concert, which will not take place at all.
The state plans to keep Storrow Drive open for the morning commute, but to shut it at noon, so if you drive to work on Storrow tomorrow, keep that in mind.
Officials say the weather could still force a cancellation of the show and that they will probably make a go/no-go decision late afternoon.
Why not Saturday? State Police say there are issues with performers' contracts that would prohibit that.
On the chance the weather forces the cancellation of the show tomorrow, the state might still allow fireworks on Saturday, though, because once the explosives are loaded onto barges, it's hard to offload them without them exploding.