The Boston Fire Department reports water from a leaking sprinkler dripped onto a second-floor heating unit at 36 Harrison Ave. in Chinatown shortly after noon, sending smoke into the building's duct work.
Four firefighters and one resident were taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation, the department says, adding that because the smoke was all over the building, it took firefighters some time just to find the source.
Because the sprinkler system had to be shut off, remaining residents of the six-story building will have to find another place to stay until repairs are made, the department adds.
In the Boston Store:
$4.99 - Learn more / Buy
When terrorists apparently strike one of Boston's Mbta transit stations during the famed St....
$25.99 - Learn more / Buy
Sox On Moose T-Shirt What is more awesome than a Moose wearing a pair of Red Socks? This t-shirt is...
$21.99 - Learn more / Buy