A worker at Dirty Water Dough, 222 Newbury Street, suffered burns on his face and hands when one of the eatery's four ovens exploded this morning.
BFD spokesman Steve MacDonald reports:
They had four ovens. Three were on with the fourth - gas on but pilot light out. It built up with gas and fumes then came in contact with oven above it causing the built up gas to ignite all at once.
The explosion also blew out some of the restaurant's plate glass windows and cracked others, he said, adding nobody thought to notify the fire department until the building inspector arrived.
In the Boston Store:
$4.99 - Learn more / Buy
There is nothing imaginary about Junger's book; it is all terrifyingly, awesomely real...
$12.13 - Learn more / Buy
Family owned and operated since 1989, Ann Clark Cookie Cutters (The Cookie Cutter People from...
$5.99 - Learn more / Buy