Mattress erupts in flames in Charlestown

Boston firefighters responded around 10:55 p.m. to 92 Monument St. in Charlestown for a fire that started in a mattress on the second floor of a three-story apartment building. The fire was declared knocked down around 11:10 p.m.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

Free tagging: 

Comments

Spontaneous combustion

By on

Don't you hate it when your mattress bursts into flames for no reason at all?

up
Voting is closed. 18

How does a mattress catch on

By on

How does a mattress catch on fire
Unattended I phone or I phone adapter left on mattress probably burned
Unattended E cigarette on mattress probably exploded.
Static from blankets probably sparked it.

up
Voting is closed. 10

It's actually pretty common

By on

And usually, but not always starts from someone smoking in the bed. Not saying that's what happened here but there are thousands of bedroom fires every year for this, and other avoidable reasons.

up
Voting is closed. 16

Naw

By on

Smoking.

up
Voting is closed. 13

SEX

By on

FACE MELTING SEX!!

up
Voting is closed. 12

Location