Hey, you know how they always say not to run extension cords under carpets?

Remember that nine-alarm fire in the Back Bay in April? The Boston Fire Department today announced:

The cause of the 9-alarm fire on April 7, 2010 at the Beacon Towers Condominium building, 483 Beacon Street, has been found to have been an electrical short circuit. Specifically, an extension cord running under a piece of carpet in a seventh floor unit shorted out to cause the fire. The building remains closed for renovations.

Pages