Steve is referring to a Romney speech in Utah in which the
Utah resident Massachusetts governor said American prestige abroad will suffer because of us Massachusetts liberals.
Dan: So, see ya, Mitt:
... And here's a distinctly minority point of view: if Romney leaves early and Kerry Healey gets to become governor, she's going to make folks forget her predecessor in about two weeks. (I mean that in a good way.)
- Introduction by local GOP chair who jokes about how terrible it must be to live in Massachusetts.
- Joke by Romney about how he's never seen so many Republicans in one place before.
- Romney takes credit for "turnaround" of the state economy.
- Hero worship of Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.
- Republican social red meat: Religion is awesome, stem cell research is bad, gay marriage is really really bad.
Of course, you have to wonder when Massachusetts Republicans are going to get tired of being the butt of Romney's out-of-state jokes. ...
Carpundit: Mitt Romney is a horrible governor:
... He is disloyal to our Commonwealth. He insults his own constituents. And he travels the country speaking hate. ...
In the Boston Store:
$16.99 - Learn more / Buy
MBTA Bus wooden vehicle is ready to run on the city streets of Boston and beyond. This bus is...
$13.50 - Learn more / Buy
On September 14, 1716, Boston Light became the first lighthouse established in Colonial America....
$24.54 - Learn more / Buy