The MBTA starts a series of public meetings on Tuesday to let the public
vent helplessly pipe up about plans to cut a number of bus lines, all ferry service, weekend and post-10 p.m. commuter rail service and the E line on weekends.
The T says it also wants to hear from commuters on its plans to raise fares by at least 35% to help make up a $160 million projected shortfall in the fiscal year that begins July 1.
- Background info and meeting schedule from the MBTA
- The T needs more than fare increases - Conservation Law Foundation
- So No to MBTA Fare Hikes and Service Reductions
- Students Against T Cuts
- Fare increases and service cuts are unwise, unfair and unnecessary - T Riders Union
- Where Does the MBTA Go from Here? - Jeff Egnyczyk
In the Boston Store:
Celebrate your favorite place to live or visit with the My Place Jumbo Mug. This large 27-ounce...
$10.12 - Learn more / Buy
1 inch in diameter Genuine Boston MBTA transit token cufflinks.Plated sterling silver setting
$37.24 - Learn more / Buy
Justk Men's Slim Fit Graphic T shirts are a must-have, easy-to-wear addition to any man's closet....
$16.95 - Learn more / Buy