Another ten people were checked by EMTs but found to be OK, the department says, adding emergency crews were summoned around 2:20 p.m. Firefighters shut the furnace and brought in fans to ventilate the building.
We were called here because staff and patrons were feeling lightheaded and had CO exposure symptoms. Commercial businesses are not required to have carbon monoxide detectors. Only places used for habitation is the term used.
The department says the final tally: 30 people were evaluated, with 8 going to Mass. General and Tufts Medical Center.
In the Boston Store:
MBTA Bus wooden vehicle is ready to run on the city streets of Boston and beyond. This bus is...
$13.50 - Learn more / Buy
On September 14, 1716, Boston Light became the first lighthouse established in Colonial America....
$24.99 - Learn more / Buy
STURDY CARDBOARD BOX PACKING on all of our wall calendars. Beware of low priced calendar merchants...