Boy dies from carbon monoxide while trying to warm up from shoveling

The Boston Fire Department reports an 11-year-old boy suffered cardiac arrest this morning while he and his father sat in a running car with the exhaust covered by snow. He was pronounced dead at Boston Medical Center.

His father was also taken away in bad shape from in front of 3 Nazing St. around 11:40 a.m., the department says.

The father and son were shoveling walkway and around their SUV. Boy got cold. Car started and boy sat in car getting warm. The back of the SUV was completely encased in snow about 4 feet high. The car filled with carbon monoxide. The exhaust was completely covered in the large snow bank.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

    Free tagging: 

    In the Boston Store:

    New England Patriots tight end and former Arizona Wildcats standout Rob Gronkowski stands 3 3/4-...
    1 inch in diameter Genuine Boston MBTA transit token cufflinks.Plated sterling silver setting
    $37.24 - Learn more / Buy
    Fill your upcoming 2017, with 16 months of Boston all year round. This beautiful mini calendar...

    Comments

    Location