David Bernstein tweets David Portnoy didn't get enough valid signatures to get on the ballot for mayor this year. Sounds like Portnoy could have a complaint against the company he hired to collect signatures for him.
According to members of the Boston Elections Department that asked to remain nameless out of fear of losing their job said that it is unlikely both Robert Cappucci and John Laing will make the ballot.
The following are Douglas Bennett's Power Rankings of the 2013 Boston Mayor Candidates as of May 27, 2013. These rankings are determined by a combination of each candidate's previous electoral history which includes geographical and voter population base, potential money raised, grassroots organizational strength, and potential to harness issues:
1. Daniel F Conley, West Roxbury (Ward 20, Precinct 20)
2. John R Connolly, West Roxbury (Ward 20, Precinct 10)
3. Felix G Arroyo, Jamaica Plain (Ward 19, Precinct 7)
4. Martin J Walsh, Savin Hill(Ward 13, Precinct 10)
5. Rob Consalvo, Hyde Park (Ward 18, Precinct 18)
6. Charlotte Golar Richie, Meeting House Hill(Ward 15, Precinct 3)
7. Charles Calvin Yancey, Mattapan (Ward 17, Precinct 3)
8. Michael P Ross, Mission Hill (Ward 10, Precinct 5)
9. Charles L Clemons Jr, Dorchester (Ward 14, Precinct 4)
10. John F Barros, Uphmans Corner(Ward 13, Precinct 5)
11. Bill Walczak, Savin Hill(Ward 13, Precinct 10)
12. Robert Cappucci, East Boston, (Ward 1, Precinct 2)
13. David S Portnoy, Lower Mills(Ward 17, Precinct 13)
14. John G C Laing Jr, Hyde Park(18, Precinct 14)
15. David James Wyatt, Roxbury (Ward 11, Precinct 2)
The Dorchester Reporter interviews David Portnoy, who doesn't plan on walking in any parades as he runs for mayor this year:
Would you rather vote for the guy running around to all the parades so he could show his face or the guy who's watching the Bruins at home?' Because I'm not trying to appeal to everybody or be very political. I'm the guy, the typical guy next door.
Blackstonian posts the list of the candidates who turned in enough signatures to qualify for the preliminary ballot this fall.
David Portnoy of Barstool Sport, of course, had said all along he's running for El Alcalde, but Yancey, the city's longest serving district city councilor, had played coy all along. Also making the cut: Robert Capucci, along with several other people.