The Boston Fire Department reports carbon monoxide from a furnace underneath Exhale Salon, 28 Arlington St. , sent four people to the hospital this afternoon.
Another ten people were checked by EMTs but found to be OK, the department says, adding emergency crews were summoned around 2:20 p.m. Firefighters shut the furnace and brought in fans to ventilate the building.
We were called here because staff and patrons were feeling lightheaded and had CO exposure symptoms. Commercial businesses are not required to have carbon monoxide detectors. Only places used for habitation is the term used.
The department says the final tally: 30 people were evaluated, with 8 going to Mass. General and Tufts Medical Center.
The unabridged audio version of Sebastian Junger's The Perfect Storm, read by Richard M....
Boston is home to the oldest public transportation system in the nation -- in fact, established in...
RBONH12SETBBU NHL Team: Boston Bruins Features: -Ornaments.-Made of plastic.-Authentic NHL team...