The MBTA starts a series of public meetings on Tuesday to let the public
vent helplessly pipe up about plans to cut a number of bus lines, all ferry service, weekend and post-10 p.m. commuter rail service and the E line on weekends.
The T says it also wants to hear from commuters on its plans to raise fares by at least 35% to help make up a $160 million projected shortfall in the fiscal year that begins July 1.
- Background info and meeting schedule from the MBTA 
- The T needs more than fare increases  - Conservation Law Foundation
- So No to MBTA Fare Hikes and Service Reductions 
- Students Against T Cuts 
- Fare increases and service cuts are unwise, unfair and unnecessary  - T Riders Union
- Where Does the MBTA Go from Here?  - Jeff Egnyczyk
- Boston 
- The T 
- fare hike 
In the Boston Store :
Porcelain Boston Christmas Ornament. Double sided with glossy finish. Boston skyline in sunset blue...
$12.99 - Learn more / Buy 
Before the 1820s, the vast majority of Americans ate only at home. As the nation began to...
$22.50 - Learn more / Buy 
This beautiful inside-painted glass ornament continues an ancient artform prized by collectors. The...
$24.95 - Learn more / Buy