The BRA and the Department of Neighborhood Development hold a meeting next week on a proposal to turn vacant lots owned by the city into urban farms to help increase the amount of "affordable, healthy food" available in the neighborhoods.
The Nov. 16 session, 6:30 p.m. at the Erie Ellington Community Center, 31 Erie St., will focus on possible agricultural rezoning of two specific parcels on Glenway and Standish streets, with a separate meeting in the works for three others:
- 131 Glenway St., Dorchester. 11,400 square ft.
- 18-24 Standish St., Dorchester, 8,800 sq. ft.
- 94 Ballou Ave., Dorchester. 4,200 sq. ft.
- 115 Ballou Ave., Dorchester. 4,725 sq. ft.
- 23 Tucker St., Dorchester. 9,200 sq. ft.