The waterfront used to look a bit different. This photo, taken by Leslie Jones in Feburary, 1930, shows Long Wharf on the right (the three-story building just past a cluster of cars is now the Chart House), a giant warehouse where part of the Marriott Long Wharf and Christopher Columbus Park are today and the now gone T-Wharf (part of which does live on as a section of Long Wharf, near where the ferries dock).
- More photos of lost T-Wharf, from the Boston Public Library's online photo collection
- T-Wharf through the decades
- T-Wharf painting
- 1914 crisis for North End fishermen
Photo posted under this Creative Commons license.