Several more pounds of cocaine seized, this time in Dorchester

Two Dorchester residents were arraigned today on coke trafficking charges after officials say they intercepted more than six pounds of the drug in packages mailed to them from California.

Robert Conley, 46, was ordered held in lieu of $250,000 bail and Myisha Wilkerson, 29, on $75,000 bail at their arraignments in Dorchester District Court today, the Suffolk County District Attorney's office reports. Both were charged with trafficking in more than 200 grams of cocaine and conspiracy to violate drug laws. Conley was also charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition. Their bail compares to the $30,000 set for a Roslindale man charged with driving around with 22 pounds of cocaine in his mini-van the day before.

The DA's office says Postal Service inspectors stopped three Express Mail packages from Los Angeles to three separate addresses in Dorchester. After drug-sniffing dogs confirmed they contained cocaine and officials obtained federal search warrants for the packages, postal inspectors agreed to deliver them, the DA's office says.

At about 11:00 yesterday morning, investigators delivered one of the packages to a Chamberlain Street residence, where Robert Conley took custody of it using the name "Tony Williams." Additional officers now approached, informed him of the search warrant for the package, and opened it, revealing about a kilogram of cocaine.

A later search of the house yielded a currency counter, two digital scales, a respirator and a knife with white residue on the edge, as well as a .38 caliber Colt revolver loaded with six rounds of ammunition, the DA's office says.

Around 11:30 a.m., another team delivered one of the packages to a Summer Street home, where Wilkerson took custody - and then police took her into custody.

The third package was delivered to a Brookledge Street residence, where another woman signed for the package. Although she was taken into custody, she was released on her own recognizance today, the DA's office says:

Investigators believe she was instructed to sign for the package by a family member and was not told about its contents.