Careless smoker causes two-alarm fire in South Boston that sends three to the hospital
By adamg on Sun, 11/01/2015 - 5:59pm
The Boston Fire Department reports "careless disposal of smoking material" at 120 L St. in the Monsignor Powers project led to a fire around 5:10 p.m.that sent two residents and one firefighter to the hospital.
Firefighters kept the fire confined to a single apartment on the fourth floor, but residents on floors below the fire had to be evacuated while inspectors checked for possible water-related electrical problems.
The department estimates damage at $50,000.
Like the job UHub is doing? Consider a contribution. Thanks!
Place hasn't been the same since Auntie Zeituni Onyango died
So sorry you lost your drinking buddy
You must miss her terribly.
The Powers projects use to be
The Powers projects use to be for senior citizens. Over the past 5 years they have opened it to anyone in the BHA system. I love watching the occupants spend up to $100 at a time buying scratch/lottery tickets across the street at Cumberland Farms. What a country we live in.
I don't think its "anyone",
I don't think its "anyone", but its "disabled" that are allowed to now go into developments that were previously for elderly.
Those folks are so lucky! To be living the dream of living in public housing and having extra income to spend on something as exciting as scratch tickets!
I thought BHA property was
I thought BHA property was nonsmoking? Oh wait another rule that they don't enforce!