A flurry of single and multiple-car, black ice accidents have closed roads throughout the Boston area. UPDATE, 8:25 a.m. Gov. Baker has issued a two-hour delay for non-essential state workers due to all the ice.
- Mass Ave Bridge inbound is close with two separate accidents.
- Eliot Bridge has a 10 car accident.
- Five cars collided on Washington Street in Roslindale.
- West Roxbury is the scene of another multiple car slider.
- Charlesgate has another accident.
Michael Ratty watched two people take diggers on the ice fields of Copley Square:
In many cases the roads are being closed while first responders wait for sanders and tow trucks.
Additional 4-car accident on the Mass Ave Bridge.
First responders are having to walk to the accidents and have a couple of accidents with their vehicles.
15 car accident at the Fenway Exit and Charlesgate East.
Update 6:57 am
Fire requested Boston Police close the Chelsea Street Bridge- it is a sheet of ice.
Update 6:59 am
25 cars including police and fire vehicles disabled on Belleview Hill in West Roxbury.
Update 7:59 am
10m car accident on Cambridge Street at the Doubletree Hotel.