Hey, there! Log in / Register

Dorm fire injures one BU student; displaces 40

Fire at BU dorm

UPDATE: Cause was a lit candle.

The Boston Fire Department reports a one-room fire Saturday night at 722 Commonwealth Ave. sent one BU student to the hospital and did an estimated $200,000 in damage.

The student suffered non-life threatening injuries, the department says.

Some 40 students had to be relocated for the night due to water damage from putting out the third-floor fire, to which the department responded around 10 p.m.

The cause remains under investigation, the department says.

Neighborhoods: 
Topics: 
Ad:

Comments

is NOT a great way to make friends.

up
Voting closed 12

That's really gotta suck.

up
Voting closed 16

BU Today reports it was a lit candle per the Boston FD.

up
Voting closed 10

Candles don't start fires, candles are fires.

up
Voting closed 20