Boston firefighters responded to the under-construction side of the Government Center garage complex, where a fire on the 13th floor extended to the 14th floor. Firefighters were ordered off the 14th floor.
The HYM Investment Group, which owns the garage and which is turning it into the Bulfinch Crossing complex, said in a statement:
A temporary heater malfunctioned and caused a very small fire this afternoon in the residential building that is under construction as part of the Government Center Garage redevelopment project. The Boston Fire Department responded and there were no injuries. Garage service was temporarily interrupted while the fire department was on the site.
The scene at 3:18 p.m. at building to be named Bulfinch Crossing (see it larger):
From Bullfinch Crossing residential-tower live view.