Hey, there! Log in / Register

How do you accidentally set a bag of charcoal on fire?

Cambridge Police report they, MIT Police and the Cambridge Fire Department responded to an Albany Street building around 8 p.m. last night on a report of a fire in a courtyard:

After an investigation, it was discovered that a resident had accidently lit a bag of charcoal on fire and then pushed the bag out of his apartment window into an adjacent courtyard.

Neighborhoods: 

Ad:

Comments

You have a bag of the highly flammable, solvent-soaked "match light" stuff near any number of possible ignition sources - doobie, ciggy, stove, space heater, etc.

up
Voting closed 14

There was this big spider he saw go into the bag so he got out his pastry torch and...

up
Voting closed 8

when it's simply pass/fail

up
Voting closed 16

More like pass/ fall

up
Voting closed 0

to do remote teaching, so they showed the students Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons instead.

up
Voting closed 8

MIT issued an alert yesterday about an apparent arson in a building on Albany Street. Burning cardboard boxes were found on a lit stove. This was reported to have happened around 8 am, as opposed to the charcoal incident which was at 8:17 pm.

up
Voting closed 8