Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, starts tonight. It's normally a time to go to temple, where the new year is brought in with blasts from the shofar. but, of course, not this year. Several congregations in Brookline and Brighton have organized outdoor shofar blowings at 4 p.m. on Sunday (5 p.m. at Amory Park):
- Young Israel of Brookline, 62 Green St., Brookline
- Wallingford Road (private residence between Chestnut Hill Ave. and Melton)
- Beth Pinchas (Bostoner), 1710 Beacon St.
- 156 Tappan St. (back yard of private residence)
- Intersection of Longwood Ave. and The Riverway
- Chestnut Hill Reservoir
- Chabad Center of Brookline, 496 Harvard St.
- Amory Park