Dorchester laundromat goes up in flames; two firefighters injured
By adamg on Thu, 01/27/2022 - 8:14pm
The Boston Fire Department reports firefighters responded to 9 Bowdoin St. in Dorchester for what turned into a two-alarm fire around 6:30 p.m.
The department reports firefighters were met by heavy black smoke and fire that extended through the roof. They were hindered by all the ice that formed from their water in the sub-freezing temperatures. Two firefighters were injured.
— Jay Kenney (@JayKenneyMedia) January 28, 2022
Water is freezing on contact with all surfaces such as street & apparatus…. pic.twitter.com/z30aBN56Oj
— Boston Fire Dept. (@BostonFire) January 28, 2022
Like the job UHub is doing? Consider a contribution. Thanks!
I wonder what caused it.
I wonder what caused it. Laundromats are usually very conscientious about cleaning the lint filters and exhaust daily or even more frequently if needed.