Hey, there! Log in / Register

Car, not train, on fire along the Green Line viaduct this morning

Flaming car across from the Museum of Science

The Cambridge Fire Department reports firefighters doused a flaming car next to the Green Line viaduct and across from the Museum of Science garage (and future home of the Leonard Nimoy memorial) this morning.



Like the job UHub is doing? Consider a contribution. Thanks!


Screen grab from a friend's facebook.


What a shame.


Didn’t there used to be a UH poster with Whyaduck as their handle? If so, I demand their commentary on this incident.

I'm curious about what might cause a vehicle to burst into flames or explode. Cigarette disposal? Flammable materials? Short circuit? I know electric vehicles have issues with the batteries, but I've always thought gas-fueled fires were incredibly unlikely.

Will do it. Could have been an electrical fire too - a short or a spark that ignited oil or fuel from a leak. Just need a small flame and all the plastics start to burn and turns into a full blown fire very quickly.

I'm pretty sure it was spontaneous vehicular combustion. I'm pretty sure saw William Shatner cover it on "The UnXplained". /s

Why not a duck boat?

25 year anniversary remake ?