Another out-of-stater charged with threatening death in Boston area

Federal authorities have arrested an Indiana man they say threatened to come to Boston for our post-Charlottesville rally by rightwingers and shoot the darker-skinned attendees as a false-flag operation to make leftwingers look bad when he actually wanted to harm the rightwingers.

Eric Radulovic, 32, was indicted by a federal grand jury on one count of transmitting in interstate and foreign commerce a threat to injure the person of another, the US Attorney's office in Boston reports. He was arrested this morning and is due in Boston for arraignment on June 20.

His arrest comes two days after the feds arrested an Arizona man on similar charges involving his alleged attempts to get black students at Harvard murdered during commencement last year.

According to the US Attorney's office, Radulovic was very upset about the murder of a protester in Charlottesville, VA, killed by an rightwinger in a car, and hatched a plot to get rightwingers in trouble what turned into their little protest on Boston Common on Aug. 19.

Radulovic allegedly posed as a member of the “Alt-Right” or white supremacist movement, anonymously posting a message on the 4chan.org discussion board regarding the Boston Rally in which he said he would shoot whites at the rally as a means to obtain sympathy for the “Alt-right” movement: “I’m going to bring a Remington 700 and start shooting Alt-right guys. We need sympathy after that landwhale got all the liberals teary eyed, so someone is going to have to make it look like the left is becoming more violent and radicalized. It’s a false flag for sure, but I’ll be aiming for the more tanned/dark haired muddied jeans in the crowd so real whites won’t have to worry.” The indictment alleges further that Radulovic posted this for the purpose of issuing a threat and knowing that it would be interpreted as a threat.

The charge of transmitting in interstate and foreign commerce a threat to injure the person of another provides for a sentence of no greater than five years in prison, three years of supervised release, and a fine of $250,000. Sentences are imposed by a federal district court judge based upon the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

Innocent, etc.

Two South Shore men charged for Red Line beating that left victim needing surgery

Transit Police report arresting a Pembroke man for a four-on-one attack that sent a man to the hospital on May 28 - and that they're planning additional arrests.

Police say they arrested Kerrick Pierce, 23, on Friday on a charge of assault and battery resulting in serious bodily injury.

According to the Suffolk County District Attorney's office, Pierce was let go at his arraignment today on the initial $400 bail he paid when he was arrested. He was ordered to stay off the T, though.

Prosecutors say he and a pal - who were traveling with two other people - reacted to a request to stop using homophobic slurs by beating a man up:

Shortly after midnight on May 28, the male victim and a female companion were on board the same southbound Red Line train as a group that included Pierce. After hearing members of that group use a homophobic slur, the victim’s companion told them to stop. Another man in the group wearing a Celtics jersey allegedly threatened the woman, prompting the victim to stand up in an effort to shield the woman.

Prosecutors allege that a man wearing a blue and white striped shirt, later identified as Pierce, punched the victim, knocking him to the ground. Pierce and the other man then kicked and punched the victim in the head and face before the group exited the train at Andrew Station.

The victim exited at JFK/UMass and called Transit Police. He was transported to Carney Hospital for emergency treatment of injuries that will require surgery to repair fractured facial bones, prosecutors said.

Karol

UPDATE, 4:35 p.m. Transit Police report the name of a second suspect: John Karol, 23, also of Pembroke, wanted on a warrant for aggravated assault and battery with serious bodily injuries and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Innocent, etc.

Mockup of new Red Line car on its way here

Yes, such is our weariness with dying Red Line cars that even just a mockup of one of the new fleet of cars we'll supposedly be getting lifts our spirits, at least an eensy weensy little bit. MBTA GM Luis Ramirez posted a couple of photos this morning of workers at the CRRC plant in China packing up the mockup for shipment here so that we can ooh and ahh at its bright new paint scheme while wondering when the actual cars will get here.

You may recall they did the same thing with an Orange Line mockup last summer, and now the first of the actual Orange Line cars are busy being run up and down that third track north of Boston to shake them down for possible actual use by the end of the year.

And don't worry, the white plastic is just to protect the model on its ocean voyage to the US.

DA candidates begin to separate themselves on issues

Rollins, Carvalho, Henning, Champion, McAuliffe.

CommonWealth summarizes the ACLU-sponsored forum for the five Democratic candidates for DA at Hibernian Hall the other night. You basically have three candidates on the left (Rollins, Carvalho and McAuliffe), one who, if not a right winger, not exactly with any plans to become the next Larry Krasner (current assistant DA Henning) and one who shares some views with the first three and some with Henning.

Nice day ends in great sunset

David Finnerty watched the sun go down from Dorchester Heights in South Boston this evening.

Pages