New server is up and so far seems OK.
It's to deal with those nasty Intel bugs going around. My Web host gave me a choice: Stay on the current FreeBSD server, which would take the site offline for about an hour to fix, or move over to a new server running Ubuntu, which would happen pretty much in the snap of some fingers (because they've mirrored the site over to a new box in the background). Really, how could I not move to Ubuntu? It's just so much more fun to say than "FreeBSD." The changeover happens at 11 a.m., and hopefully you won't notice any changes, but just in case, maybe hold that brilliant thought you're going to get exactly at 11 and wait until 11:15.