Hey, there! Log in / Register
Financial brinksmanship at City Hall: Layoff notices to go out next week
By adamg on Tue, 03/03/2009 - 4:19pm
Most city unions are refusing to accept wage freezes, so Tom Menino plans to announce specific layoff and service cutback plans next week, the Globe reports.
Like the job UHub is doing? Consider a contribution. Thanks!
blue menino group
I really with they'd fix the color of that Menino headshot they keep using.
Looks like the image might have already been tweaked, so photojournalistic ethics should not be a barrier, unless he really was shot in a bright blue pit on an overcast day with available black light floodlamps. :)
Yeah, that makes him look like that guy with blue skin who ran for Senate in Montana a few years back. Barring silver consumption, yeah, the photo needs some work:
Silver poisoning.....yeah, I heard about that in
silver poisoning; yep, I heard about that a couple of years ago in the Brigham & Womens' Emergency room, when a hand biopsy gone wrong got infected, began draining and sent me scurrying there on an icy-cold Saturday night in late January. The doctor on call was kind enough to look up the result of my hand biopsy culture, and that the small spots I had( and still have) on my hands were, indeed, small silver tattoos, and to also show me the article on the guy from Montana with silver poisoning. However, the guy must've been exposed to much, much more silver than I'm regularly exposed to in order to get that way. I'm still smithing and living. hehe.
Another nose-to-nose conflict between city hall and labor, does anyone else think that Menino knows no other way to govern?
How is everybody living in Boston enjoying their VERIZON Fios? That's another long standing conflict between Menino and a company that affects residents. We could double price competition for phone,tv and I-net service if theye were allowed to compete. He says they won't comply with the law - to wire all neighborhoods. I say make an agreement with teeth that allows them to wire the neighborhood they want plus 75% of boston, and wire the remaining 25% in 7 years. Menino says all or nothing, now.