UPDATE: It's norovirus, Boston Public Health Commission reports
When news broke of an apparent foodborne illness striking down BC students who ate at the Cleveland Circle Chipotle, the chain issued a press release that made it sound like it had closed the outlet voluntarily.
In fact, Boston health inspectors ordered the place shut yesterday, both because of those ailments and for two other key reasons:
"There was an employee that was sick during their shift on Thursday."
"Chicken on the service line is 128F and steak is 124F. Provide proper hot holding of 140F or above."
Public-health official say that there have been 65 cases so far - some among people not affiliated with BC.