Careless smoker starts fire that leaves seven homeless in Dorchester

The Boston Fire Department reports a fire caused by "careless disposal of a cigarette" shortly after 7 p.m. yesterday did an estimated $50,000 in damage to the three decker at 90 Hancock St.

Although the fire was confined to a single room, because that room was on the third floor, the other two floors suffered water damage, the department says.

The American Red Cross says it helped five adults, two teenagers and two dogs find alternate lodging for the night.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

Free tagging: 

In the Boston Store:

Why are all powered wine openers so boring?!?!?! Well not anymore. Now introducing The MLBTM...
$39.99 - Learn more / Buy
Sox On Moose T-Shirt What is more awesome than a Moose wearing a pair of Red Socks? This t-shirt is...
$21.99 - Learn more / Buy
2 Inch Boston Travel Resin Ornament

Made In China

$11.11 - Learn more / Buy

Location