Plumber sets house on fire in Roxbury

Fire at 1 Howard Place in Roxbury

A plumber working on pipes in a house under renovation at 1-3 Howard Pl. heated them up so much they sparked a two-alarm fire that caused an estimated $500,000 in damage this morning, the Boston Fire Department reports.

Firefighters responded at 9:55 a.m. to a fire on the top floor of the building, near the intersection of Howard Avenue and Dudley Street, the department says.

There were no injuries.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

Free tagging: 

    Comments

    Location