The Massachusetts Historical Society gives us a taste of the history of Boston's first department store - started by Eben Jordan and Benjamin Marsh.
A power cable that caught fire at Charles/MGH around 1:40 a.m. meant no service between Kendall Square and Park Street first thing this morning. The T announced around 7 a.m. that repairs had been finished and service was resuming, but with "residual" delays.
A federal judge has denied a request from E.B. Horn that she order Horn's Jewelers to immediately stop using that name because the older store waited two years after the upstart opened to file a trademark lawsuit and is still in business, which proves it's not suffering "irreparable harm" from its rival down Washington Street. Read more.
The Boston Business Journal reports the latest on the city's efforts to make some money by letting somebody put up a skyscraper on the 1-acre site.
Jed Hresko was one of the early arrivals at the annual Donna Summer disco skating night on City Hall Plaza.
Sixth graders at the Advent School on Beacon Hill walked to Faneuil Hall for their graduation this morning.
The Boston Business Journal reports on John Grayken's latest acquisition (subscription required to read full article). Graykin, who grew up on the mean streets of Cohasset (and now owns an entire island off its coast), but who renounced his US citizenship to become Irish, is head of Lone Star Funds.
If you haven't been to Faneuil Hall Marketplace recently (tourists: Moving slowly in herds since 1876), you're missing the "Boston Campaign Headquarters," with the sign that urges us to "vote for nothing."
WBUR introduces us to artist Pat Falco's un-campaign.
Mayor Walsh's office is organizing the vigil for 6 p.m. on City Hall Plaza.
Ally Bruce asks:
Where can I get Richie's slush in the downtown-ish area? Help!!
Phil R. took the time this morning to photograph the munching of the building that used to house the Times on Broad Street, making way, of course, for some badly needed condos in a 12-story building. The neighboring building, which housed the Littlest Bar, is part of the project, but its shell will be preserved - given that Bulfinch himself put the thing up back in 1805 - and turned into a lobby and some condos.
Jennie Pane-Joyce watched the demolition from the other side: Read more.
Adam Castiglioni noticed this floating helipad docked by Long Wharf today.
It's just the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company being ancient and honorable and firing their artillery in honor of their annual election of officials, as they always do on the first Monday in June.
Firefighters are at Haymarket. Expect delays.
- 1 of 146
- next â€ş