A Revere man faces arson and attempted-murder charges after his house caught fire while his wife was inside last night.
Dale Peretti, 40, had bail set at $25,000 at his arraignment today, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney's office.
Prosecutors charge Peretti doused the first floor of the house with gasoline, then lit a match in the dining room - outside the bathroom his wife was in at the time.
Peretti, however, had an alternate explanation:
Perretti allegedly stated that he had accidentally spilled gasoline when he dropped a gas can, and that the fire started when a lit cigarette fell from his mouth and ignited it.
Surveillance video from the gas station where he said he bought the fuel, however, did not show him making any purchases.