In Marc Hurwitz's Friends of Boston Hidden Restaurants Facebook group, Bobby O'Neill asked this afternoon:
I feel like restaurants and shops owned by members of the Iraqi, Iranian, Sudanese, Yemeni, Libyan, Somali, and Syrian communities could use our support. Any recommendations?
Here's the list folks have come up with so far (additions welcome, of course):
- Moby Dick of Boston, 269 Huntington Ave., Fenway.
- Lala Rokh, 97 Mt. Vernon St., Beacon Hill.
- Sabzi, 352 Massachusetts Ave., Arlington.
- Kolbeh of Kabob, 1500 Cambridge St., Cambridge.
- Jasmine Taste of Persia, 580 Mt. Auburn St., Watertown.
- Roksana's Persian Food, 133 Mt. Auburn St., Watertown (takeout only).
- Molana Restaurant, 5 Spring St., Watertown.
- Shiraz Persian Cuisine, 72 Bigelow Ave., Watertown.
- Tabrizi Bakery, 56 Mt. Auburn St., Watertown.
- Tarboosh Boston, 2 Brighton Ave., Allston.
- The Loading Dock, 11 Brighton St., Belmont.
- Falafel Palace, 25 Central Sq., Cambridge.
- Kareem's Restaurant, 99 Common St., Watertown.
- Syrian Grocery Importing, 270 Shawmut Ave., South End
- Sound Bites, 704 Broadway, Somerville (owner is from Syria).